With Curt and I both working, we rarely make it out of Kerrville...which is part of the reason we were so excited for summer. Today we got to take the kids to San Antonio for a special day and we had a blast. :)
We started at the Rainforest Cafe, and let me just tell you...I had no idea just how serious they were when they named it that. The whole place is a dark jungle, vines/leaves on the ceiling with giant pythons or anacondas (or whatever the heck you call a big scary jungle snake), big elephants, and finally...the frighteningly realistic, moving, loud gorilla. For those of you that know Ellie, you'll really enjoy this. Let's just say, when it comes to new experiences, she is very wary of her surroundings.
We started at the Rainforest Cafe, and let me just tell you...I had no idea just how serious they were when they named it that. The whole place is a dark jungle, vines/leaves on the ceiling with giant pythons or anacondas (or whatever the heck you call a big scary jungle snake), big elephants, and finally...the frighteningly realistic, moving, loud gorilla. For those of you that know Ellie, you'll really enjoy this. Let's just say, when it comes to new experiences, she is very wary of her surroundings.
Well, no sooner did we get to our table and a "thunderstorm" hits (strobe lights flashing, huge thunder booming, downpour, etc.). Well, when these mock thunderstorms hit, the gorillas go nuts. And of course, you guessed it...the biggest gorilla in the place was looming over our table. Ellie went up my leg like a tree frog and didn't come down for a good 20 minutes. Finally, when she realized none of it was real, she eased up enough to sit in her chair and eat. But I have to give her credit for toughing it out because I was a little freaked out by all of it, too. The place made me claustrophobic...I gotta have windows. If you have older kids who love an adventure, it would be perfect!
None of it even phased Hudson, he just stared at the gorilla like it was something in his backyard. You can tell by the look on Curt's face that he's wondering what we got ourselves into.


The dadgum gorilla.

Hudson, smiling through a thunderstorm.
Once we left the restaurant, we were heading back to the parking lot to GPS our next stop, which we thought was going to be the Witte Museum (Ellie has always wanted to see dinosaur fossils, thanks to Curious George). As we are walking, we start talking about the Children's Museum and wondering where it is. Curt hops on his phone and lo and behold, it's only a few buildings down from where we parked. So we headed there instead and I'm so glad we did! I'm gonna sound like I'm getting paid to advertise for this place, but if you have kids...GO! It was so much fun. You know that look kids get when they are in awe?...their whole face lights up and their eyes get huge...well, she wore that look for about 2 1/2 hours.
In the airplane
Okay, this was the mini HEB and the most fun of all, for all of us :). The kids were so funny - they were so serious about their shopping, reading labels, assigning eachother to re-shelve items and stack up the empty carts, they had even taken their spots as checkers...hysterical.



Yes, she's milking a cow.
And sweet boy, he's just thinking "Y'all just wait till I'm big enough to play." :)

In the airplane
Okay, this was the mini HEB and the most fun of all, for all of us :). The kids were so funny - they were so serious about their shopping, reading labels, assigning eachother to re-shelve items and stack up the empty carts, they had even taken their spots as checkers...hysterical.



Yes, she's milking a cow.
And sweet boy, he's just thinking "Y'all just wait till I'm big enough to play." :)
No comments:
Post a Comment